Al Gore should have to personally go and oversee this situation.
1. A ship, the Akademik Shokalskiy, carrying people studying global warming got stuck in the pack ice off the coast of Antarctica.
2. The Chinese icebreaker, the Snow Dragon, dispatched to rescue the ship could not break it’s way through the ice.
3. The people studying global warming were then rescued by a helicopter from the Snow Dragon.
4. They were ferried to an Australian ship, the Aurora Austrialis, whose crew had sense enough not to venture into the ice.
5. The Snow Dragon is now also trapped in the ice.
The Washington Post reported back in September that the growth of the Antarctic ice set a 35 year record. And I quote, “Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight year, baffling scientists seeking to understand why this ice is expanding rather than shrinking in a warming world.”
If there wasn’t modern communication and ships manned by brave crews willing to risk themselves, these scientists would have died trapped in ice believing that the ice should not exist.