Tipped by Marooned for a meme called The Stylish Blogger, here is my effort. Rules first.
List seven things about yourself that other people might not know. Then pass the award to 15 other bloggers.
1. I voted for Clinton. Twice.
2. While I had already moved toward conservatism, my transition to the Dark Side was completed before lunch time on September 11th, 2001. I worked in a tech Video/videoconferencing dep’t at the time, and we had satellite feeds. We watch it unfold on multiple monitors, with the raw feeds as well as what the networks were putting on. I’m not over it.
3. I study Aikido. Having said this openly, I promise some posts on the topic in the near future.
4. I went back to school in 2003. If I continue on my current pace, I will have a college degree in computer networking next spring.
5. I like sentimental music, folk songs, etc. I’m not even going to embarrass myself by naming artists, let alone song titles.
6. I always wanted to go into space. That was the dream. The Moon, Mars, even Earth orbit. When I was a boy, I watched all the launches I could. I thought we would have permanent bases on the Moon by the time I was an adult and I would go there and work.
7. I still hope. There’d really be no point in blogging if I didn’t. I hope for America, the world, and my family. I still think this country is the best effort man has ever made at self government. For all the flaws and the evil committed in the past and with all the issues before us today I just don’t think anyone ever has done any better. I love my wife and my sons and I hope.
15 16 of you I think have style of your own:
* 3 Boxes of B.S.
* Adaptive Curmudgeon
* Between Two Rivers
* Bloviating Zeppelin
* Lagniappe’s Lair
* Daddy Bear’s Den
* Dead Man Dance
* Eyes Never Closed
* Nobody Asked Me
* Old Lightning
* Silent No More Majority
* Silicon Graybeard
* Trainwreck in Maxwell
* Voice from the Noise
Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.